Dialogues Across Difference
Urban Rural Action's Dialogues Across Difference are interactive Zoom workshops. The last one was held on May 3, 2022 @ 7-8:30 EDT in partnership with West Chester University.
The workshops are available to students and non-students alike. For the dialogue breakouts, students will be grouped with other students. Non-students will be grouped with other non-students.
An interactive Zoom workshop with the following flow:
1. A brief introduction to the ABCs for Constructive Dialogue, which help us deepen understanding and connection across difference
2. Moderated small-group breakout discussions with students from different institutions
3. Reflections on the experience
1. Raise our awareness of the assumptions we bring into conversations across difference
2. Provide a dialogue opportunity for students to increase understanding of different views on issues
3. Strengthen our skills for communicating across divides
4. Have fun!
Mid-Atlantic Dialogue Workshops, Skill-Building, and Campus Expression is supported in full by Heterodox Academy. The ability for HxA to provide Grants for HxCommunities events and other activities is made possible in full through the support of the John Templeton Foundation. The opinions expressed at these events (or through such activities) are those of the individual Grantees, organizers, speakers, presenters, and attendees of such events/activities and do not necessarily reflect the views of Heterodox Academy and/or the John Templeton Foundation.