Uniting for Public Health (UPH) in New Mexico was a special non-partisan training offered by UR Action. The interactive workshops brought together New Mexico residents to build relationships and strengthen interpersonal and community engagement skills in an effort to improve public health. The workshops were held on the following dates and times:
Interactive, lively 90-minute workshops on each of the following four topics:
Health equity specialists in New Mexico and/or health council members who engage with communities to promote vaccine equity and post-pandemic rebuilding.
1. Raise our awareness of the assumptions we bring into conversations across difference
2. Increase understanding of different views on issues
3. Strengthen our skills for communicating across divides
4. Learn and apply a tool for analyzing complex societal problems
5. Learn and apply a tool for maximizing influence in community engagement efforts
6. Have fun!